Sunday, February 21, 2010

This weeks news!


Hello again. February is buzzing by so quickly that it is hard to remember what has been happening here on the farm. Of course we have spent each evening catching up on the events at the Olympics in Vancouver. The farm has been going through the mud stage of spring but now we are back to a bit of freezing temperatures so the roads are nicer to travel on and the donkeys aren't getting so dirty. A few of the donkeys are rubbing their skin so I will go down today and treat them for lice just in case they have picked something up. This usually stops the rubbing that they do which always makes their coats look so awful this time of year.
The construction of our studio and Country Store has reached the drywall and painting stage which should be finished by the end of this week. Once the flooring is on the studio floor the fun begins as we decorate and stock the store. I have been busy weaving rugs and contacting vendors for consignment goods that I want to sell. We will be hosting a Farm Garage Sale on Saturday May 1, 2010 just to kick off the season and also to advertise our Donkey Days. I am also harvesting worm castings from my bins that I will be offering for sale at the Seed Saver Event in Enderby on March 6, 10:00 am.- 3:00 p.m. This event is very educational and gives one an opportunity to learn about heritage seed saving with lots of free seeds for trading and also local seed companies will be their with their stock for sale. We attend to promote the Donkey Refuge and I sell my Worm Composting Bins and Worms. It is a great event and worth attending if your are able.
I also want everyone to know that I have finally done my web page. Now I am definitely not a computer tech in any way so it is a very simple format. You can find the web page at
www.turtlevalleydonkeyrefuge.com I will also continue this blog as a great way to keep everyone informed of our on going news. Have a great weekend everyone. Cheers Shirley

No comments:

Post a Comment