Sunday, November 29, 2009

Farrah our new addition


Hello there my name is Farrah and I just arrived this afternoon to my new home at the Turtle Valley Donkey Refuge.

I lived for a year on a farm near Kamloops. My previous owner bought me at an auction in Williams Lake and she thinks I was used for a roping donkey. ( A roping donkey is used by rodeo cowboys instead of a steer to practice roping. This is illegal in some countries ; as it should be. My owner sold my friend Juliet and nobody wanted me so I was thankfully accepted at the Refuge. I now have a permanent home finally. I am a Standard size donkey with a beautiful blue tint to my coat, you can even see a few spots in my coat. It will take a little while for me to settle down at this farm as I was moved away from my home and my best friend. If you are interested in sponsoring me you can contact the Refuge for all the information. I hope to visit with you again soon and let you know how I am doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment