Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Donkey Roping - You Won't Believe This

This posting is going to be straight to the point. On the very same days that the Donkey Refuge is holding our Donkey Days Celebration to raise money to care for abused donkeys, THE CITY OF VAN HORN TEXAS IS HOLDING A DONKEY ROPING RODEO. Quite frankly, I am in utter shock. Donkey roping is even worse that I could imagine. I will provide a link to the Peaceful Valley Donkey Rescue that describes what those "cowboys" do to the donkeys and provides an email address to the City of Van Horn where you can register your concerns. I wish to prepare you - the pictures are graphic, and, if you are anything like me, they will make you cry. I don't know what is happening - how can anyone be so cruel? We are pretty sure that our Lady Bug was a roping donkey. OMG - I hope that she didn't suffer this abuse. The link is www.donkeyrescue.donordrive.com. If this link doesn't work, please go to the Donkey Sanctuary website to get the link. Please follow your hearts and help us end this cruel, cruel "sport".

No comments:

Post a Comment