Thursday, March 22, 2012

DEENA GIVES VOLUNTEER A LESSON IN HUMILITY

Yesterday Elaine and I took two of the teenies (Timmy, Deena, and CoCo) for a walk. As there were only two of us, CoCo was left behind. Apparently they travel best as a trio. Timmy was uncooperative but Deena was next to impossible. For a gal who is almost as as wide as she is tall, she sure is strong. At several points, she dug in her heels (hoofs) and I thought she was going to sit down. We discovered that if Timmy was directly behind her, she would move.....slowly. Good thing she's so cute!
We will persist, though, because she must lose weight and walks are a critical component of her program. We have changed and reduced her feed but activity is key to her journey to wellness.

Donkeys have good memories and I am sure I didn't make any brownie points with Deena on our walk yesterday so on Saturday I will spend extra time with her grooming and hugging her to make sure she knows I love her. And, I think we need to walk all three teenies at the same time to see if this is the real reason for the challenges of yesterday's walk.

Dental care is also a high priority for Timmy, Deena and CoCo and is very costly. If you would like to help us by donating towards their care, please go to our website and click on Donate Now. Www.turtlevalleydonkeyrefuge.com

No comments:

Post a Comment