Monday, June 22, 2009

DONKEY DAYS FESTIVITIES

A small snapshot of some of the cars that brought the people to a very successful first Donkey Days. We all had a great time. The volunteers were awesome so a big thank you to the Thompson University of Kamloops, Faculty of Tourism. Being our first event we learned a lot and will make some changes for next year. We also came away with some wonderful ideas to make next year bigger and better. It was definitely all good.

Maximo the star of all the advertising and of course the main attraction of the day, however Jose' received the most interest when it came to sponsoring a donkey

Julio and my daughter along with many interested friends of the donkeys. Everyone was so interested in their stories and the donkeys were so well behaved. Donkeys truly are an animal that connects with people.

My booth at the Donkey Days but I was so busy with meeting people that I did not have enough time for my booths so next year I will have to arrange helpers for the worm composting and weaving sales. I did have my friend Herb help me at the spur of the minute and he did a wonderful job considering he had no prior training. Thank heavens for friends.



This is my friend Ingrid's booth. She makes rustic furnishings out of old barn wood. Her work is very unique and I just love it. That is one of her benches by my chicken coop in the previous blog postings. Ingrid is also an extraordinary weaver. A woman of many talents.

I didn't get to take any pictures that day so I am relying on Lyle and Karen two of our volunteer photographers to send me pictures as they have time. It is just as well that they did the photographing as they definitely take better pictures than me. On that note watch for more pictures as they arrive. Cheers Shirley


No comments:

Post a Comment