Friday, January 30, 2009

Slow dial up and stinging nettles


What a beautiful day out 1' and sunny......is spring on its way? I quess the groundhog will tell us soon. I titled this blog item because I am getting very frustrated with the dial-up system as it slows down my ability to download pictures on to this blog site. Alas I think I am going to have to look for an alternative system of Internet access, however were we live we are very limited so we shall see.

The donkeys are all doing very well and I even let me chickens out today to have a walkabout in the sun. They don't go too far from the chicken coop because everything is so icy but aleast they get some exercise in the sun. My farmer Bob is out with the tractor widening all the driveways as the wind in the last few days has been creating wind drifts across the roads. We ordered our piglets for April and have most of them sold already. We will be building a new pen for them up by the hay barn which gets them away from the house and into a permanent housing area. Last year we put the pigs into one of the donkey paddocks in the hopes that they would dig up and kill all the Stinging Nettle. They worked very hard to make me happy but there just wasn't enough of them and they only got about half of it done. I guess the rest is up to me. I am just setting up my loom for some more rag rugs this time in gold and browns. Best get back to it. Have a wonderful day. Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment