Friday, April 5, 2013

Count Your Blessings One By One





Count Your Blessings One By One



Can You See Rob???

Something very, very special has happened at the Refuge.  I could feel it when I arrived there on Tuesday. As I headed up to see the 15 new mini donkeys, I thought about the overwhelming generosity of the hundreds and hundreds of people who responded for our request for help to move the donkeys to the Refuge. And the well wishes and offers to foster via Facebook.  And the incredible commitment of Shirley and Rob to the mission of this Refuge.

Then I saw them.  Fifteen beautiful little souls.  In a moment I could tell that they had been loved - a lot. They came to the fence immediately, anxious for attention. My heart filled with joy as I welcomed each of them to their new home with scritches and eskimo kisses. I freely admit that there were tears.

Each rescue has its own unique set of circumstances but our mission remains steadfast - respond to the situation in a caring manner for the sake of the donkeys and, if possible, for the sake of the owners. Some situations make the latter nearly impossible but this particular rescue is not one of them.   In the end, love prevails and the right action is taken.


There He Is!!!
The 15 miniature donkeys are here at the Refuge and will get all the care and love that they can hope for. Love prevails.  I know - a very sappy message but I challenge anyone to meet these wonderful little donkeys and not appreciate how amazing their journey has been. Warning - visiting these sweeties may result in tears and an overwhelming need to count your blessings.




No comments:

Post a Comment