Saturday, May 5, 2012

OFF TO THE REFUGE

Good Morning, Everyone. Today is one of my ordinary volunteer days at the donkey refuge but I am sure it is going to e anything but ordinary. I will get to meet our two new resident donkeys, Happy and George. AND, a group of volunteers from the Coast have been at the Refuge for the past two days working hard to help us get ready for our open season and for Donkey Days so I am excited to see the wonderful things they have done. AND, the work on the barn enhancement has begun. From what I understand, we now have waterlines to the Sady and Maria barns as well as new power lines and the pillars are in place for the barn overhang thanks to Spooner Electric. Soon the automatic water troughs will be installed. No more hauling hundreds of liters of water to the old troughs each day. Today, I have to take an extra set of clothes to the refuge as we will be cleaning and grooming several of the donkeys. RECIPE FOR A CLEAN, TIDY DONKEY: Take one donkey. Add soap and warm water. Scrub vigorously. Rinse thoroughly. In 30 - 35 minutes you will one clean shiny donkey and one very dirty volunteer that smells of Eau de Donkey. A year ago, if someone had told me I would be volunteering at a donkey refuge, I would have been a bit skeptical. If they had further told me that I would willing be clean donkey bottoms.... Yet here I am and MY HEART IS HAPPY. If you have the chance, do something a little "out of the box" today. YOUR HEART WILL THANK YOU.

No comments:

Post a Comment